There is the Bulletproof drink itself, and there is also the specific brand of coffee known as Bulletproof. But if you or someone were to waltz into Starbucks and expect to find the Bulletproof coffee drink on the menu as something you could order, then there is a good chance that you don’t exactly know what the coffee brand is. In this article, we will explain in details what the bulletproof coffee is and why you shouldn’t expect to find in on the counter in Starbucks.
What is the Bulletproof Coffee Drink?
The Bulletproof coffee isn’t just your average latter. It is a high-performance drink that has an extensive impact of the energy and cognitive functions. Nowadays, it is the go-to drink for a wide range of people including the professional athletes who need to find the extra strength, passion-driven CEOs and even busy parents who seek to increase their energy so they can do more of what makes them fulfilled.
A short History of the Brand.
Dave Asprey, the astute Silicon Valley entrepreneur, is regarded as the founder of the Bulletproof Coffee Brand. The story began when he has serious challenges with his health as he was Obese and constantly tired. He tried cutting back calories and daily workout, but nothing helped. By the time he was 30, his doctors had warned he was at critical risk for a stroke or heart attack. But when he came across a creamy cup of butter tea after a trek in 2004, an idea for the outstanding coffee was born. This butter-infused drink is a necessity for the folks in Tibet giving the ragged condition of where they live and work, but for Dave, it was a life-saving drink. He felt instantly alive and rejuvenated.
So he embarked on years of research on why the tea made him feel so good and why the yak butter ignited his brain. Eventually, Dave substituted tea for the mold-free coffee and the yak butter for the regular old grass-fed cow’s butter. He finally laid his hands on the Brain Octane Oil and considered the final missing piece. All three ingredients strewn together gave Dave the abundant energy and effortless mental clarity that he craved. Thus, the Bulletproof Coffee came to live.
Recipe for the Bulletproof Coffee Drink.
- It all starts with the beans. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add one teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil. You’ll learn much more about Brain Octane Oil below, but keep in mind that this stuff is powerful. Start with one teaspoon per cup and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or 1-2 teaspoons of Grass-Fed Ghee (for those who can’t tolerate dairy). You read that right. It says butter. Don’t worry. This mixture also makes the creamiest, most delicious cup of coffee you’ve ever had. Oh, and make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
How does the Bulletproof Coffee works?
As mentioned earlier, there is some powerful science behind the benefits of coffee, butter, and Brain Octane Oil. Let’s try and understand these:
Bulletproof Beans Boost Energy and brain Function.
Coffee doesn’t just taste good. It’s packed with essential nutrients like B vitamins, potassium, and manganese. Coffee has loads of antioxidants, which reduce your risk of chronic degenerative diseases and keep your brain sharp. Other health benefits of coffee include:
- A sharper brain: Bioflavonoids in the coffee can make you smarter by intensifying neuronal firing in the brain. This means your brain cells will communicate faster so thoughts come more quickly and you’ll have better recall. Coffee can also protect your brain as you age.
- A happier outlook: There’s some evidence that a couple of cups of coffee a day can improve your mood and sense of alertness.
- Better physical performance and less fat: Caffeine can boost your physical endurance, so your workouts seem easier. The caffeine in coffee can also raise your metabolism to help you burn fat.
Grass-fed butter adds high-quality fats and nutrients
Healthy fat will sustain your energy for hours, balance hormones, and boost cognitive function. With butter, you’re not only getting essential fatty acids and other nutrients, but it also helps make the creamiest cup of coffee you’ll ever have.
The kind of butter you add to your Bulletproof Coffee is important! Grass-fed cows are healthier than factory-farmed or grain-fed cows, and the butter they produce reflects their good health.
- Grass-fed butter is higher in essential nutrients. Your body craves good fats for hormone balance and brain health. But good quality, grass-fed butter also contains omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, CLA (a fatty acid with powerful fat-loss benefits), and antioxidants.
- Butter is good for your brain and your digestion. Grass-fed butter is high in butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that can both prevent and decrease inflammation. High levels of inflammation link to everything from depression to cancer, so the less inflammation, the better
Brain Octane Oil provides Clean Energy with no Crash
Brain Octane is a staple of the Bulletproof Diet and a key ingredient in Bulletproof Coffee. It’s important because it raises fat-burning, brain-fueling molecules in your body called ketones. Brain Octane is a key ingredient for several reasons:
- Purity. Brain Octane is a purified form of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) derived from 100% pure coconut oil. It’s then triple-distilled through earthen clay, so there are no solvent residues.
- Quality. Brain Octane is 100% American-made and held to Bullet proof’s strict quality standards.
Taste. Brain Octane is also flavorless, odorless, and easy on your stomach, unlike some other MCT oils, which can give you what Bulletproof followers affectionately refer to as “disaster pants.