Contrary to what you may have in mind, a coffee cake is a butter-based cake that doesn’t contain coffee. But it meant to be taken with coffee, hence the name. The Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake is a soft, delicate sour cream with two layers of cinnamon crumbs inside and on the cake. It is really popular and loved by everyone fortunate enough to take a bite. When done right, the Cinnamon coffee cake is soft and moist and can easily serve as a breakfast alternative. Streusel in this recipe is an old German term which means something that is easy to throw together. This is what is thrown on top of the coffee cake. We are not in doubt that this sweet glaze in the recipe is the perfect option for the coffee cake topping.
In this article, we will be considering some batter-tested recipes for the awesome cake.
Things you will need for this Recipe:
• Mixing Bowl: This item is necessary for mixing up any of the recipes and it is cool that you have them ready in different sizes.
• Hand Mixer: This is another equipment that is really important for making your recipes. Be sure to have one at hand before you begin with the baking process
• Baking pan
• Food Processor
• 3/4 cup of butter
• One teaspoon salt (1 ¼ teaspoon if you are using unsalted butter)
• One and a half cups of granulated sugar
• Two and a half teaspoon of baking powder
• Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
• One and quarter milk (maybe skimmed milk or whole)
• 3 and quarter cups of flour
• One-third cup of brown sugar.
• One cup of granulated
• One-quarter salt (if you are making use of unsalted butter)
• One cup of flour
• Six tablespoons of melted butter
• One tablespoon ground cinnamon
• One cup of brown sugar, it can be light or dark depending on your choice
• One teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
• One and a half tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degree temperature. Then grease the round cake pan slightly.
2. Now, begin to make the topping by whisking the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon together. Then, add the melted butter and stir until it is mixed firmly together.
3. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder together for the mixing of the filling. It is important to know that cocoa powder is not used for flavor; strictly or color. Then set it aside.
4. Now, to make the cake: beat the butter, salt, sugar, baking powder and vanilla in a large bowl until it is smooth and well combined.
5. Then hit the egg one after the other into the mixture.
6. In another separate bowl, whisk the sour cream, yogurt, and milk together until it is smooth. It is not necessary that you beat out all the lumps.
7. Now, add flour to the butter mixture side by side with the milk/sour cream solution. Then beat it gently to combine.
8. After this is done, spread the half the batter into the prepared pan (or pans). Make this spread all the way to the edges.
9. Now, grab the filling mixture and sprinkle it evenly on the batter.
10. Then spread the remaining batter on top of the filling. You can use a table knife to gently spread the filling into the batter in the way a marble cake is made. Be careful not to make the combination of the filling and the batter too thorough; just a gentle swirl of the filling through the batter will do.
11. Pick the topping bowl and sprinkle over the batter in the pan
12. Now bake the cake until it is about a dark golden brown around its edges. Make sure it is just about medium golden with no light patches visible on the top. A toothpick or a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean. Then place the cake in the preheated oven at the designated temperature for about 55 to 60 minutes.
13. After this time, remove the cake from the oven and allow it cool off for about 20 minutes before it is cut and served.
Now, that you know how the cake is done, we will go out of our way and give you a few tips to bring the best out of your coffee cake.
• Ensure that you get the highest quality grade of butter and sour cream. This is because they are both very vital ingredients for the cake.
• It is also advisable that you work with a scale to get the measurements into the right proportion.
• If you want to prepare the coffeecake a night before to be baked in the morning, just cover the unbaked cake with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated overnight.